Information We Collect
You can browse farmer-to-farmer.org without submitting your personal information to us. However, there are a number of circumstances in which you may need to provide us with your personal information.
Here are the most common ways in which we collect your personal information:
- When you sign up to receive e-mail newsletters and updates from us;
- When you download publications and articles from us;
- When you register for and participate in our programs, activities, initiatives, and events;
- When you request information or assistance;
- In conjunction with your employment or volunteer inquiries or applications;
- When you participate with social media accounts involving POA properties;
- When you participate in communities and other interactive services;
- In conjunction with any verification of your account information;
- In conjunction with investigations into any activity that may violate the law or the website’s terms and conditions;
- When you communicate with us through the website;
- In conjunction with any other place on the website where you knowingly volunteer personal information.
Here are the most common types of Personal Information we might collect and store:
- Your name;
- Email address;
- Telephone number;
- Physical address;
- Organizational affiliation;
- Job title and sector;
- Why you are interested in F2F;
- Details of your communication with us;
- Other information relevant to user surveys;
- Employment history, education, skills and references (if applying for a position with F2F or interest in volunteering with F2F or a F2F implementing organization); and
- Other information relating to you personally which you may choose to provide to us.
When you interact with the website, our servers may keep an activity log that does not identify you individually (“Non-Personal Information”). We may collect the following categories of Non-Personal Information:
- We may collect certain demographic data such as age, gender, and five-digit zip code as part of collecting personal information;
- We collect and store certain device information about your computer, mobile device, or other device that you use to access the website. This information may include IP address, geolocation information, unique device identifiers, browser type, browser language, and other transactional information;
- We automatically log certain usage information about your use of the website, including a history of the pages you view. We use this information to provide you with a more customized experience on the website;
- We collect and store additional “traffic data” such as time of access, date of access, software crash reports, access times, and referring website addresses; and
- We collect and store your search terms and search results.
We also collect and store certain other Non-Personal Information regarding our users’ use of the website so that third parties may provide us with reports and analysis regarding usage and browsing patterns of the website.
We may combine Personal Information and Non-Personal Information gathered from the website and information that we have received, gathered, acquired, or stored from other sources, both information collected offline by POA and information received from third parties—including information that currently exists in our files—into a single customer record. We also use and/or combine information that we collect offline to edit, enhance, and/or check the accuracy of your customer record.
How We Use Your Information
We use the information we learn from you to help us personalize and continually improve your experience on the website. We use your Personal and Non-Personal Information in the following ways:
- For editorial purposes;
- Responding to your inquiries;
- Communicating with you about your transactions with us and sending you information about features on our website or about F2F;
- Communicating with you about changes to our policies;
- Personalizing content and experiences on our website, including providing you with recommendations based on your preferences;
- Sending you newsletters, mailings, and information about programs, initiatives, activities, and events by e-mail or another medium;
- Processing your employment application;
- Event or program registration;
- Optimizing or improving our programs, services, and operations;
- Research and development;
- Verifying your account and account activities;
- Detecting, investigating, and preventing activities that may violate our policies or be illegal;
- Performing statistical, demographic, and marketing analyses of users of the website and their usage patterns; and
- Managing our organization.
We Are Committed to Protecting Your Personal Information
We take reasonable steps to ensure that any information you give us is held on our secure servers or on secure servers operated by a third party with the utmost care and will not be used in ways to which you have not consented. We use reasonable physical, electronic and managerial measures to safeguard your information against loss, theft, unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
We do not sell or rent personal information to others, unless we are required to do so to conform to an applicable law or to protect the safety of POA, our members or affiliates, the users of our website, or the public. We use your information only for the limited purposes of sending you updates and useful information about our services, programs, resources for the field, enhancing the site operation, for statistical purposes, and for overall systems administration.
Authorized employees, agents and mandatories of POA who require access to your personal information to fulfil their job requirements will have access to your personal information.
Like some websites, we may also use web beacons or flash cookies. A web beacon or flash cookie (also known as an “action tag” “tracer tag,” or “single-pixel GIF”) is an invisible graphic on a web page or e-mail newsletter that is programmed to collect non-personally identifiable information about your use of a given website or newsletter, e.g., whether you opened the e-mail. Like cookies, web beacons allow POA and its technology providers to summarize overall usage patterns for our analysis and provide personalized services to you. We do not share or provide personally identifiable information we may collect through such web beacons, such as names or e-mail addresses, without your permission.
Personal Information of Children
While our website may be viewed by children, our site is not specifically dedicated to children and we do not actively solicit information from children. Children under the age of 13 are required to obtain permission from a parent or guardian prior to providing any personal information.
General Data Protection Regulation
The General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) is a European Regulation concerning the use and processing of personal information. We are committed to processing your information in compliance with the GDPR upon its effectiveness on May 25, 2018.
Questions and comments should be directed to Partners of the Americas Staff at email@example.com or at the address or number listed below.
Partners of the Americas' AVOP F2F
1424 K St NW, Suite 700
Washington, DC 20005
To unsubscribe from e-mail updates from F2F or to delete your contact record, email firstname.lastname@example.org
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.
Last updated: May 25, 2018